GrainBridge Online Privacy Statement
At GrainBridge, LLC ("GrainBridge,” or "we,” or "us”), we are committed to protecting the privacy, accuracy, and reliability of any personal information you provide, and to safeguarding such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. This Online Privacy Notice ("Notice”) describes GrainBridge’s current online practices regarding personal information collected through this website. GrainBridge reserves the right to update or modify this Notice at any time.
Please take a few minutes to review this Notice. By accessing or using this site, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as set forth in this Notice. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not disclose any personal information to us.
Scope of This Notice
This Notice covers the personal information we collect through our sites. "Personal information” is information that identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us.
Personal Information GrainBridge Collects
GrainBridge may collect various types of personal information about you. This may include the following categories:
- Contact details (e.g., email address, home phone number, home address, company, business contact information)
- Identification information (e.g., title, first and last name, Fed No., SSN/EIN, entity type, employee number, vendor number, date of birth)
- Financial information (e.g., bank account, customer credit score)
- Reference information (e.g., bank contact information including bank name, address, phone number, fax, customer/supplier contact information including customer/supplier name, address, phone number)
- Web user information (e.g., information collected via cookies and web beacons including Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser name, operating system details, domain name, date, time of visit, pages viewed)
Choosing to not provide certain information may impact your use of certain resources. If you wish to have access to restricted areas of the site, you will be required to provide some personal information, including, but not limited to your name and email address. Additionally, you will be given a username and password and will be required to provide them whenever you access the restricted areas of this site.
How GrainBridge Uses Your Personal Information
GrainBridge may use your personal information collected through our sites for various purposes. Generally, this may include the following:
- To provide products, information, and services
- To better understand your needs and interests
- To improve the content, functionality, and usability of our sites
- For security, credit or fraud-prevention purposes
- For effective customer service
- To provide a personalized advertising experience when you visit our sites
- To provide information and notices related to your use of our sites
- To offer opportunities for participating in surveys and providing feedback to us
GrainBridge may also use or disclose your personal information as follows:
- Affiliated companies: GrainBridge may share your personal information with subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and parent companies to provide the services you have requested. These affiliated companies will handle your personal information in accordance with this Notice.
- Unaffiliated third parties: GrainBridge may disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties who process information on behalf of GrainBridge for the purpose of carrying out administrative, marketing, professional or technological support functions. In such instances, GrainBridge shall restrict the third parties’ use of the information and require that the third parties keep this information confidential.
- Business purposes: GrainBridge may use your personal information to process your requests to do business with GrainBridge, such as processing a credit application, performing a background check based on reference information, managing GrainBridge account information, and processing payments.
- Brand awareness: GrainBridge may use your personal information to make you aware of products and services that may be of interest to you. Additionally, we may disclose personal information related to products you have purchased or for which you have sought information to unaffiliated third parties with whom we enter into joint venture agreements, branding agreements or other strategic alliances, or in the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, liquidation or other similar event.
- As permitted by law: GrainBridge may be required to disclose personal information by law or legal process, for the administration of justice, for investigation of breaches, for interacting with governmental anti-fraud databases, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to protect and defend the rights or property of GrainBridge, to protect the personal safety of GrainBridge website users or to take precautions against legal liability. We reserve the right to contact appropriate authorities when activities that are illegal or violate our policies occur on a GrainBridge website.
Personal information collected on GrainBridge websites may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where GrainBridge or its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, or service providers maintain facilities.
How GrainBridge Protects Your Personal Information
GrainBridge follows industry standards and practices to help protect the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information. GrainBridge uses technical, administrative and physical measures to protect your personal information against accidental or intentional destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against other unlawful forms of collecting and processing information. When your personal information is shared, GrainBridge will take a proactive approach to prevent the unauthorized use of the information.
Safeguarding Children's Privacy
GrainBridge does not knowingly collect personal information or any other identifying data from children under 13 years of age. Should a child, who we know to be under 13 years of age, send us personal information, we will make every attempt to immediately delete that information from our database.
How Your Personal Information is Shared with Third Parties
- Third parties: GrainBridge may share your personal information with third parties (companies and organizations), including subsidiaries and other business entities controlled by GrainBridge, parent companies, and affiliated companies, under the following circumstances:
- GrainBridge’s legitimate business purpose: To perform services on GrainBridge’s behalf, where such disclosure is necessary and is a legitimate consequence of your relationship with GrainBridge (e.g., companies that provide website support services to us)
- Special circumstances: Under certain special circumstances (e.g., responding to an emergency that is believed to threaten or harm an individual or property)
- Balancing of interests: Personal data will be transferred only if there is no reason to believe that the data subject has an overwhelming interest to the contrary (e.g., if the information disclosure does not pose a high risk to the data subject, or does not infringe upon the data subject’s privacy)
- Courts, law enforcement agencies or other government agencies: GrainBridge may disclose your personal information to courts, law enforcement or other government agencies in order to comply with legal and regulatory requests. Such information may be disclosed to:
- Protect your or GrainBridge’s legal claims and interests
- Defend against potential or actual litigation
- Abide by applicable law, regulation or contracts
- Respond to a court order, administrative process or judicial process including, but not limited to, a subpoena or a search warrant
- Comply with GrainBridge obligations where it is registered with any governmental agency
- Ownership transferees: GrainBridge reserves the right to share your personal information in the event it sells, licenses or transfers all or a portion of its business or assets. Should such a sale, lease (licensing) or transfer occur, GrainBridge will direct the transferee to use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Notice.
This website may provide links to external websites. When you click on one of these links, you will be transferred from this website and connected to the website of the organization or company that you have selected. Even if an affiliation exists between GrainBridge and such a website, GrainBridge may not exercise any control over linked sites and we do not imply any endorsement of the activities of these websites. Unless specifically stated, this Notice does not govern the data collection and use practices of those websites.
If you visit a website that is linked from this website, please familiarize yourself with that site’s privacy practices before providing any personal information.
Permission for Use
At the time you submit personal information or make a request, the intended use of the information you submit will be apparent in the context in which you submit it or because GrainBridge states the intended purpose. By submitting personal information at this site, you are giving your consent and permission for any use that is consistent with uses stated in this Notice.
Questions, Comments, and Complaints
You may use the contact information below to request access to and amendment or deletion of the personal information that GrainBridge has about you. You may also submit a general privacy-related inquiry or complaint in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Requests are sent to the person in GrainBridge who is accountable for privacy policies and practices. GrainBridge will respond to such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
Please issue such requests by contacting GrainBridge:
Attn: Legal, 1065 N. 115th St., Ste. 201
Omaha, NE 68154;
Please provide your name and contact information along with your request.
This Privacy Notice is effective from January 30, 2017.